There are different reasons why you didn’t get that job. You need to be intentional during your application process.
Here are a few tips that can help you get that job:
1. Title your CV properly: I will advise you to use your full name for easy identification. Don’t use ‘recent cv’, ‘my cv’, ‘edited copy’, ‘latest cv’ etc…
2. Subject of the email: Recruiters need to know the role you are interested in, so include the role in the subject of the email. For example – Application for a Software Engineer.
3. Body of the email: When sending out your CV, ensure you introduce yourself properly. Don’t forget to start with a greeting, it’s just courtesy.
A simple – Dear Recruiter or Dear Hiring Manager, I hope this email meets you well. Then briefly state why you qualify for the role and the skills you possess. Then end with a ‘thank you for taking out time to review my CV, I look forward to hearing from you. (You may use something better)
4. It is advisable to send your CV in PDF format. It makes it look more organized and presentable.
5. Lastly, be friendly but professional.